Amy Nelson, our advanced practice esthetician, can help patients in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area achieve more radiant skin with DiamondGlow, a no-downtime treatment that can be effective for many superficial skin concerns. DiamondGlow treatments combine exfoliation, deep cleansing, and infusion of skin rejuvenation serums. Formerly known as the “SilkPeel®,” DiamondGlow can also be a great way to maintain skin health.
What are the benefits of DiamondGlow?
DiamondGlow is a great treatment for most skin types. The treatment is customizable, which means that we can target specific skin conditions. While it is often used to maintain skin health, DiamondGlow can also improve skin brightness, dehydration, and acne.
The advantages of DiamondGlow include:
- Improvement of skin affected by dryness and dehydration
- Improvement of skin prone to excess oil production, roughness, and congestion
- Improvement in acne
- Prevention of skin discoloration
- Desire to improve benefits of at-home skin care products
DiamondGlow treatments include the full face, neck, and areas around the eyes and lips. They are performed in our office and are completed in 45 minutes. The treatment does not typically have any downtime.
What does the DiamondGlow treatment process involve?
DiamondGlow is a skin treatment that combines microdermabrasion and a customized serum infusion to improve the appearance of the skin. The treatment begins with a consultation to determine the best serum infusions and level of exfoliation for the patient. Using precise strokes on the skin, the DiamondGlow handpiece allows for simultaneous exfoliation of the top layer of skin, extraction of debris in pores, and infusion of nourishing serums. This triple process removes dead skin cells, unclogs and cleans pores, and plumps skin.
The serums chosen are based on the specific skin concerns of the individual and may contain ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, peptides, and antioxidants to help nourish and hydrate the skin. Overall, DiamondGlow is designed to improve the texture, tone, and overall appearance of the skin. It is a non-invasive treatment that can be done in about 30 minutes and requires no downtime.
DiamondGlow Serums, including SkinMedica® TNS Serum
There are five SkinMedica serums that can be included in a DiamondGlow treatment.
- The SkinMedica HA5 Hyaluronic Acid serum contains a mix of 5 types of HA.
- The SkinMedica Brightening Serum contains botanical ingredients to improve the appearance of skin discoloration and hyperpigmentation.
- The SkinMedica Vitamin C serum contains antioxidants.
- The SkinMedica Pore Clarifying serum contains salicylic acid and is intended for acne-prone skin.
- The newest serum is The SkinMedica® TNS + Advanced Pro-Infusion Serum. It contains a blend of growth factors, cytokines, and matrix proteins. It is designed to improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone.
What can I expect from the results of DiamondGlow?
The initial results of DiamondGlow are often noticeable very soon after treatment. As DiamondGlow treatment is designed to clean, exfoliate, and hydrate the skin, many patients find that the skin glows for a week after the treatment. In most cases, a series of DiamondGlow treatment sessions will be recommended in order to achieve the best possible results; however, each patient’s customized treatment program will be designed based on their unique needs and the concerns being addressed.
The results of DiamondGlow can be extended with adherence to an effective at-home skin care routine. A member of our team can talk with you about advanced skin care products and provide tips on healthy skin care practices that can help you maintain results for as long as possible.
How much does DiamondGlow cost?
The cost of DiamondGlow at our practice is $225 per treatment.
Schedule A Consultation
If you are in the Minneapolis, St. Paul, or Edina, MN, areas and would like more information on DiamondGlow, or if you are interested in scheduling a consultation, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.