Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is a very effective procedure to rejuvenate the skin and delay aging. Using the latest laser technology, our experienced facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Jess Prischmann, is able to maximize results and individualize treatments, while maintaining safety and minimizing risks to her patients.
Who is a good candidate?
- Interested in wrinkle prevention
- Mild to severe wrinkles. Laser settings are customizable for degree of wrinkling
- Acne scarring
- Brown spots and sun damage
- Patients with a history of multiple skin cancers. Studies have shown that deep resurfacing can reduce the number of future skin cancers. Consultation is required.
- Lighter skin types
- Overall healthy with reasonable expectations
How is the procedure performed?
Depending on the patient and degree of treatment, laser resurfacing can be performed in the office or in an operating room. Microlaser peels and superficial depth treatments are performed with numbing creams with minimal discomfort.
Deeper resurfacing requires deep sedation in an operating room setting. The procedure takes 30-60 minutes.
What is the recovery?
Downtime associated with laser resurfacing depends on the depth of treatment. Mild treatments have minimal recovery time. Moderate treatments can have 5-7 days of downtime. Deep treatments can have 7 to 10 days of downtime. Meticulous care of the skin is required. Patients are often placed on antibiotics and antiviral medications to prevent infections.
If you would like more information on laser skin resurfacing, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Prischmann to talk more about this procedure, please contact our practice today.