Laser skin resurfacing is a very effective procedure to rejuvenate the skin and delay aging. Using the latest laser technology, our experienced facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Jess Prischmann, is able to maximize results and individualize treatments while maintaining safety and minimizing risks to her patients.
Who is a good candidate?
- Interested in wrinkle prevention
- Mild to severe wrinkles; laser settings are customizable for degree of wrinkling
- Acne scarring
- Brown spots and sun damage
- Lighter skin types
- Patients without active skin conditions and overly sensitive skin
Patients considering deeper laser resurfacing have ideally experienced less aggressive skin peels without any healing concerns.
How is the procedure performed?
Patients considering laser resurfacing first have a consultation with Dr. Prischmann to determine candidacy. Once Dr. Prischmann determines a patient is a good candidate, she discusses the depth of resurfacing. In general, deeper peels are more powerful, but also have more discomfort and downtime.
Our laser procedures are performed in-office. Depending on the depth of laser resurfacing, anesthesia (topical or local) is provided prior to treatment. Oral medications are also provided for deeper peels. If oral medications are used, a driver is required for the procedure. Virtually all deeper laser resurfacing patients are pre-treated with antiviral medications, regardless of a history of cold sores. The procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes.
What is the recovery?
Downtime associated with laser resurfacing depends on the depth of treatment. Mild treatments have minimal recovery time. Moderate treatments can have 5-7 days of downtime. Deep treatments can have 7 to 10 days of downtime. Meticulous care of the skin is required. Patients are often placed on antibiotics and antiviral medications to prevent infections.
HALO™ Hybrid Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing
Dr. Prischmann and her team offer several advanced laser treatments, including the innovative HALO™ Hybrid Fractional Laser procedure. This state-of-the-art method of laser skin resurfacing utilizes two laser wavelengths in combination – one focuses on superficial skin layers while the other delivers energy to deeper layers. This unique treatment can improve signs of skin aging and discoloration, enlarged pores, and skin texture. It also provides a much faster and more comfortable recovery compared to traditional full-field laser resurfacing for many patients.
Learn more about HALO™ Hybrid Fractional Laser Skin Rejuvenation.
Why should I choose Prischmann Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery for my laser skin resurfacing treatment?
- We will only advise patients to consider laser skin resurfacing if we genuinely feel it is ideal for their needs and goals.
- We utilize laser technology of the highest-level warranty, which signifies that it has been comprehensively evaluated by engineers and properly calibrated to deliver the most accurate treatment possible.
- The providers at our practice have completed preceptorships with some of the most experienced and skilled dermatologists in the U.S.
- Dr. Prischmann will be ready to address any concerns or questions you may have about laser skin resurfacing both before and after your treatment. We are committed to providing you with the absolute best care possible.
- If the results are not what patients were hoping to achieve, our practice will often provide a credit for other treatments available at our office. Our team is just as invested in your success as you are!
If you would like more information on laser skin resurfacing, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Prischmann to talk more about this procedure, please contact our practice today.