At our practice, our board-certified facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Jess Prischmann, and her experienced team strive to provide exceptional patient care and beautiful, natural-looking results. As part of our commitment to service, we offer financing options to help you bring the cost of cosmetic treatment into your budget.
But before you consider the cost of your surgery, there are a few things we would like for you to know.
- Your insurance company may not guarantee coverage for procedures or services.
- a. One of the most stressful parts of our practice is navigating the complex web of insurance coverage. Just because a procedure is considered “medically necessary” does not mean your insurance company will cover any or all of the costs associated with the procedure. The best way to ensure a smooth transition pre- and post- procedure is to communicate with your insurance company prior to surgery. Make sure you ask the customer service representative if your insurance plan covers two things: 1) the actual procedure and 2) Dr. Prischmann to perform the procedure.
- b. On our end, we will often submit something called a “prior authorization” request with patient information and photos. Surgical procedures such as rhinoplasty and eyelid lift often require prior authorizations. If you are considering these procedures, give yourself at least 3 months lead time to obtain a prior authorization prior to your planned date of surgery.
- c. Please remember that we will advocate for you before AND after surgery, but ultimately your contract with the insurance company is between YOU and THEM. This means that if your insurance company does not cover the costs associated with surgery, you are ultimately responsible for the charges.
For more information about insurance benefits, click here.
- For purely cosmetic procedures, there are often 4 costs associated with the procedure:
- a. COST 1: Surgeon’s fee. This is the cost of Dr. Prischmann to perform the procedure. This cost is not negotiable.
- b. COST 2: Applicable taxes.
- c. COST 3: Facility fee. The cost of using an operating room for your procedure. This fee is generally based on time spent in the OR.
- d. COST 4: Anesthesia fee. Dr. Prischmann strongly believes that all procedures involving sedation or general anesthesia should have an anesthesiologist on site. In other words, she focuses on an excellent surgery, and a dedicated anesthesia team focuses on the anesthesia (both are equally important). This fee is based on time spent under anesthesia.
Please note: we can guarantee cost 1 and cost 2 prior to surgery; however, cost 3 and cost 4 will be given to you as estimates prior to surgery. The final determination for these costs is based on time spent in surgery.
We understand not everyone wishes to or can pay for their treatment in a single disbursement. Because all cosmetic fees have to be paid in advance of the procedure, we offer several options for financing. In addition to accepting cash, check, and most major credit cards, we also work with CareCredit®, a highly reputable healthcare lending agency. If you prefer to pay for your procedure in monthly installments, CareCredit® offers a broad range of affordable, low-interest payment plans for qualified applicants. Financing options are available for a vast selection of aesthetic enhancement procedures, including facelift, browlift, rhinoplasty, and non-surgical techniques. If you are uncertain as to whether your goals can be achieved within your financial plan, we will be happy to discuss your options and work with you to find a satisfactory solution.
And finally, we know that discussing heathcare costs can be stressful. We strive to empower you with advanced preparation and knowledge, so that you can focus on what really matters after your procedure: YOU.
If you have additional questions about financing options, or if you would like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Prischmann, please contact us today.